The full speaking panel and programme for the forthcoming Seminar will be:
- CIIA Financial Services Code – Unique Insight on its Development and Sector Perspective
- Harjeet Powar - Director, Internal Audit Advisory – Ernst & Young LLP
- Manav Soni – Insurance Senior Manager, Internal Audit Advisory – Ernst & Young LLP
Following the refresh of the CIIA Financial Services Code, Harjeet and Manav will provide a unique insight into the updates to the code and leading practices from across the sector. Harjeet supported the independent committee refresh of the CIIA Financial Services Code and will provide insights and perspective into the changes and committee discussions and deliberations.
- Conducting Claims Reviews – Lloyd’s perspective
- Judith Hall – Senior Review Manager, Syndicate Capability Oversight - Lloyd’s
- Jane Hopkinson – Review Manager, Syndicate Capability Oversight - Lloyd’s
The Syndicate Capability Oversight team at Lloyd’s conducts onsite reviews of managing agents against a number of the Lloyd’s Minimum Standards, including the Claims Minimum Standards. Judith and Jane will share their experience of conducting Lloyd’s Minimum Standards reviews focusing on the approach taken to claims reviews.
- Model Risk – A Practitioner’s Perspective
- Elizabeth Cabrera – Head of Capital Modelling - Talbot Underwriting
Elizabeth is responsible for the Internal Model at Talbot, ensuring it is fit for purpose. She will provide insight into how model risk is managed at Talbot without hindering model use and innovation.
The Group will present an update on its project work.
Registration will be from 9.30 am and the Seminar will open with the Chairman’s address at 9.50 am. The morning will conclude with an open panel discussion session and will be followed by a buffet lunch.